A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Description of Data（ETL）Engineer
APAC Application Technology Marketing & Sales (M&S) team is looking for a Data (ETL) Engineer to be based in Shanghai/Beijing Office China. ETL & Database Developer is a role with a professional data manipulate and management experience who to develop data flow and keep our data platform running smoothly. The goal is to provide a standard flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users and data analytical requirements.
This position is responsible for develop and deploy ETL flow to standardize and transform data/information. Design and Build up data lake/warehouse/mart for reporting and analytical requirement from business team.
Furthermore, this person will also be responsible for management of the platform and databases, monitor the performance of the ETL framework and database, tune the process/query. Liaise with other team members to improve applications and establish best practices. Research and suggest new ETL and database products, services and process improvement.
- At least 3-5 large scale data management and governance or DW/EDW/BI implementation projects experience
- Deep experience on data platform, industry solution and program management includes: data model, data flow, master data management and meta data design
- Familiar with ETL tools: Informatica/Teradata/SAS
- Familiar with Database: Oracle/SQL Server/PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Middleware: WebSphere/WebLogic
- Data model: ERwin/Navicat Data Modeler
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Proven work experience as an ETL & Database developer/Database administrator.
- Responsible for physical database architecture and design, development, performance tuning, implementation, and support of the applications from a database perspective.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring), define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and timely manner
- An ability to understand users’ requirements and a problem-solving attitude.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Familiarly with software development and life cycle.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Strong passion for technology and innovation and great attention to details.
- Excellent English & Chinese language communication and teamwork skills
Desired Experience, Certifications:
- Candidate is expected to have proficient knowledge of RDBMS and Strong SQL skills and experience with business analysis and reporting experience
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts (Fact, Dimension, Data model, Data Schema etc.).
- Hands-on ETL experiences on Informatica / DataStage / SSIS;
- Solid knowledge on SQL language and database (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle & Teradata).
- Capability on drafting the requirement/design document.
- EMR / Redshift / Hadoop/ Hive experience is big plus
- Experience with Business Intelligence tool such as Qlik/Power BI is a plus
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. degree is required. Engineering, Information Management/Compute Science or related area is preferred.
Preferred base location is Shanghai/Beijing.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com