A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MIlliporeSigma - BioReliance is offering a comprehensive set of Biotech CDMO services (from cell line development, process development down to GMP manufacturing using mammalian cells expression systems). Our differentiated business model is dedicated to biotech companies looking for a development partner supporting PD to cGMP and commercial.
Your Role: You will be part of the team accountable for implementing the group tactical plan on your North American territory in liaison with the technical & delivery teams. In this exciting role you are responsible to continually and consistently increase our market share and sales by identifying new business opportunities, maintaining and growing business, and driving collaboration with customers in our Applied Solutions segment to solve their unique challenges.
- Establish and maintain influential relationships at all levels across customer base, critical at senior VP / CEO levels.
- Build collaborations with customers for long term and higher-level relationships in order to help the customer fulfil their strategic manufacturing objectives
- Maintain and actively develop a pipeline of new opportunities, utilizing CRM system (SFDC)
- Sell our broad portfolio of CDMO serves within your territory
- Partners with local Sales team to assess future business and contribute to the annual forecast. Build business strategies for short and long-term growth
- To emphasize differentiation from our competitors and build upon our reputation for excellence within your territory
- Generate opportunities / qualify projects meet our capacity/capabilities
- Negotiate and close complex contracts/ business deals with client executives
- Meets or exceeds the yearly orders and revenues targets.
- Provide reports about projects, prospects, forecasts, orders won / lost, and competition to the Commercial Director.
- Analyzing market competition, trends and maintain a strong understanding of industry
- Provides input for new service development / outline gaps in our offering. Drives new service introductions to the customers, consultants, opinion leaders and account managers
- Help fulfill the Life Sciences division strategic initiative by promoting and generating an end-to-end sustainable business
Who you are:
- BS with 8+ years’ experience, MS with 3+ years’ experience
- Several years of experience in sales
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Strong self-motivation, proactive and positive attitude, works independently (and in a team)
- Flexible and willing to travel within United States (with occasional overnight stays) to optimize customer engagement; occasional international travel required for internal meetings
- This is a remote position with ~ 50% travel. ~40% domestic within territory/ ~10% Globally
- Master’s degree or degree in Life Sciences (for example Chemistry or Biotechnology)
- Strong professional network with CDMO space and understand of the biological drug development business
- Has a solid understanding of biomanufacturing; understands the preclinical, clinical and commercial development process that drives client decision making
- Bilingual a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.