A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This will be a critical role and a visible leader throughout the organization. The role will report to the US Chief Commercial Officer and have a team of ~10 when fully resourced. Initially the Field Reimbursement team (3 team members) will report into the Head of Site of Care. This non-promotional, TA agnostic role will determine and oversee key account strategies to initiate (and expand) sites of care and optimize speed to therapy for EMD Serono patients. This position will be accountable for building the site of care strategy, resourcing, staffing, deployment and performance management. The role will position the organization to optimize product reimbursement in consideration of the key variables in the most impactful sites of care including large community practices, integrated delivery networks (IDN), and hospital systems. This can include the optimization of contracting strategies, pathways, coding, billing, reimbursement, product replacement and other non-promotional activities impacting drug selection and patient access/experience. The Head will also focus on ensuring positive patient and HCP experiences with all EMD Serono products. This includes reducing patient and HCP burdens, partnering to provide differentiated patient services, and partnering with all stakeholders within the patient journey to optimize their experiences. Areas of Focus will be: Strategy; Operations; Enterprise Collaboration; Team Effectiveness & Culture; Performance Management.
- Develop and implement overall site of care reimbursement and patient experience strategy in collaboration with Market Access & Customer Solutions (MA&CS) and Patient Services Management (PSP) teams.
- Determine and monitor tactics and metrics to drive the execution of the defined strategy
- Identify account needs and market opportunities as input into go to market strategy, this may require development of account segmentation
- Ensure team alignment in overall execution of strategy
- Evaluate reimbursement and procedural economics at the site of care
- Develop and implement reimbursement materials and training for internal and external stakeholders, including clinicians, hospitals, GPOs, and payers
- Create blueprint for accounts including support for education, access and reimbursement, infrastructure and operations, and key solutions to coordinate care
- Monitor changes in the reimbursement environment or other market-based trends, identify issues that may impact product adoption and ongoing utilization
- Budget responsibility for Site of Care
- Create effective inter-departmental collaboration between all therapeutic areas, and other functional areas including market access
- Coordinate with other business franchises to establish open communication system to ensure information is mutually shared to achieve optimal results
Team Effectiveness & Culture
- Foster an environment that encourages leadership, ownership, and accountability for optimizing performance
- Promote a culture of high performance and teamwork by fostering a positive, transparent, and focused working environment to achieve maximum results / performance
- Provide training for the integration of new products, services, and regulations
Performance Management (team)
- Develop and fulfill a recruitment, selection, and retention strategy, inclusive of a performance management process that incorporates employee training and onboarding, team education and development
- Establish performance expectations, and reward and recognize performance through accountability, performance management, and strong leadership
- Provide leadership and motivate team through results-oriented focus, clear communication and direction, delegation and active career development and coaching
Who You Are:
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of reimbursement, including billing, coding, coverage, and payment
- 10+ years of commercial experience; experience in Neurology and Oncology a plus
- Bachelors Degree
- Self-starter who functions well independently or within a team
- Proven track record of people management with the ability to build an effective team
- Ability to work in a highly visible role in a matrix environment with accountability to numerous stakeholders
- Highly collaborative, perceptive, problem solver, with the ability to exhibit strategic insight and innovative agility
- Comprehend, communicate, and maintain complex technical, reimbursement, and medical terminology
- Ability to develop and expand relationships with key customers and stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, analytical and business acumen skills
- Ability to drive and lead through change
- Passion for addressing patients’ needs
- High ethical leadership with a strong commitment to excellence and compliance
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.