Work Location: Sheboygan Falls(SIAL) Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Shift: Night Job
Department: LS-OIY-P2 Packaging F&F 2
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
Supervise a group’s personnel and resources for support of the manufacturing of chemicals. Develop subordinates knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities. Coordinate the group’s efforts to assist meeting department and company objectives. You will be responsible for supervising 4-8 employees.
- Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies
- Ensure subordinates are trained for the tasks and procedures assigned and have access to
- proper equipment
- Lead and motivate through positive reinforcement, encouragement, example and communication of company values.
- Quickly resolve personnel conflicts and problems as they arise
- Ensure skills and knowledge development occurs to allow employees to maximize performance in their current positions.
- Encourage/assist development toward individual career objectives or
- potential consistent with company needs.
- Provide guidance, additional training and development opportunities
- Ensure information is passed on to subordinates in a timely fashion
- Evaluate employee performance and provide timely feedback
- Communicate information to other groups or individuals to ensure company objectives are met
- Encourage collaboration between subordinates and other groups
- Organize the group’s efforts and oversee production processes
- Schedule tasks and processes to meet department and company objectives
- Ensure resources are available when needed, which may include production of more difficult products and/or scale up of processes
- Pro-actively review “Safety Procedures”, MPR’s, MMP’s, MMF’s Operating Procedures, etc. for inconsistencies and errors and modify as appropriate in a timely manner
- Identify, evaluate and implement process improvements and expand group’s abilities through subordinates.
- Identify, evaluate, implement PDSA’s, and support the company’s 5S system
- Create/maintain positive pro-active approach toward quality compliance and safety
- Ensure group maintains acceptable housekeeping to meet company standard
- Report incidents assist in investigating causes and follow up with appropriate actions
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
- The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance.
Who You Are:
- M.S. or PhD in chemistry/chemical engineering and/or an MBA is desirable.
- Strong leadership skills: Motivate employees and coordinate employee activities, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may arise
- Strong communication skills: Engage their employees and work with management to make sure the job gets done; able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary
- Communicate well with all levels of the organization and across functional groups
- Excellent problem-solving & Analytical skills: Able to analyze different information and make decisions based on needs, priorities, changing business conditions and budgetary constraints
- Attention to detail: Quality control & making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are realized and self-starter
- Excellent project management skills
- 2+ years Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience leading, training and/or motivating people.
- Project management, planning and scheduling experience a plus. SAP experience preferred.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.