A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma, a leader in providing products and services to the bioscience industry, is searching for a Product Manager for its Analytical Workflow Tools product line. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual, ideally with strategic and tactical marketing experience as well as analytical laboratory experience, to be a key part of a dynamic team in a customer-oriented environment. This Product Manager will be responsible for the membrane filters product line.
At MilliporeSigma, the overall responsibility of the Product Management group is to integrate the various segments of a business into a strategically focused program that maximizes the value of a portfolio of products and applications. Product Managers work directly with customers and industry thought leaders to assess the process and technology needs of the marketplace and the underlying assumptions that are broadly held. Product Management Team members are champions and empowered drivers in the process to bring technology and products to our customers. This position will be based in Burlington, MA and reports to the Director of Product Marketing for Analytical Workflow Tools. Travel may be approximately 25-30%
- Develop knowledge of market, competitors, and customer needs that drive the strategy and product positioning that will ensure strong and regular growth in accordance with the global Business Field strategy.
- Develop strategic/tactical marketing plans by developing product positioning and implementing marketing initiatives.
- Develop, nurture and drive instrument pipeline.
- Execute digital marketing activities.
- Drive long-term revenue growth through innovation with long-term product development plans and successful new product development and launch.
- Support key product line management functions, including evaluation of product lifecycle and profitability, coordinating with manufacturing as needed on critical product issues, and facilitating interactions/requirements of key functions (Finance, Quality, Planning, Manufacturing, Customer/Technical Service).
- Responsible for contribution margin of product line with focus on revenue and margin growth within product segment. Responsible for analysis and maintenance of product supply partnerships.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Biology or a related scientific field
- 1+ years of experience in a Life Science or Pharmaceutical environment
- 1+ years of full life-cycle product management experience
- 1+ years of experience with commercial sales, marketing, or business development associated with commercializing research products/services
- MBA preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Some hands-on laboratory experience
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical skills required. Previous experience in revenue forecasting, NPV and market analysis, and marketing/customer analysis opportunity size development
- Knowledge of and experience with digital marketing and eCommerce
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer software in a business environment, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Proven understanding of product positioning, merchandizing and promotion, and new product development. Prior product management or marketing and sales experience in the Life Science industry
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to be flexible to changing priorities and needs. Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy combined with proven ability to multi-task.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.