A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsible for receiving and shipping area to process both inbound and outbound materials. The position entails loading and unloading trailers as well as receiving inbound material into stock along with identifying where the material is to be staged on the site. The position will also be prepping shipping documents to go out to customers, reaching out to carriers to set pick-up times, and work with drivers to identify which material belongs to them. Routes or delivers material to storage or production areas. Safely operates a variety of material handling equipment, which may include narrow aisle, wire guided Operator up machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
1st Shift - Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Who You Are
- High school diploma, GED, or HSED required.
- 1+ year work experience material handeling
- Shipping regulation knowledge or experience
- Experience packing/shipping hazardous materials
- Basic PC skills
- Operate SAP and WMS systems.
- Understand basic shipping regulations
- Ability to operate PCs, scanners, printers, shipping equipment (meters, tape machines, etc) and various cutting instruments.
- Experience operating powered industrial trucks, and forklifts
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.