A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You are responsible for producing and purifying chemical compounds to meet the demands and requirements of MilliporeSigma customers. Independently investigates and identifies current inefficiencies, and implement improvements.
- Documents and shares ideas
- Team Leader of cross-departmental initiative, examples could include PDSA groups, site-wide training programs, ERT, Safety Committee, Ergonomics, etc.
- Trained/training to Op 3 level in multiple departments
- Suggests benchmark improvements realized through multi-departmental work assignments
- Positive performance history
- Well versed in needed SAP applications, e.g. entering work hours into PI sheets, billing off materials, material movements
- Modifies complex MPRs, revision #
- Performs complex analytical techniques; includes in-process testing, sample preparation and interpretation of results
- Carries out departmental chemist functions at discretion of local management
The employee will occasionally wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and Tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and goggles while performing in this position. You will also be standing for extended periods of time and repetitive movements throughout the shift. Also, in this position the candidate will be working with and in proximity of hazardous chemicals and human source materials. You may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. with lifting equipment. You will also utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
PM Shift: 24/7, 220.127.116.11 Rotating 12 hour shift, 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM - 3 days off every other weekend
****Earn a $1000 Sign On Bonus payable after 30 days of employment****
Payrate: 19.25+ per hr.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED required
- 2+ years experience as a Manufacturing Operator
- AS Chemistry or Science related associate degree
- 2 yrs college chemistry
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- Ability to operate forklift or hand pallet truck
- Basic understanding of chemical reactions and hazards
- Ability to operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices
- Basic understanding of ISO and quality systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.