A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will expand food safety relationships to ensure efficient regulatory support by identifying relevant internal and external resources and managing partnerships with regulatory bodies, key customers and non-government organizations. You will be responsible for actively participating and representing MilliporeSigma Life Science in relevant North American Food Safety standardization bodies and industry associations. You will support advocacy concept development in close collaboration with internal and external interfaces.
You will help define the regulatory strategy and associated service development projects. As a subject matter expert, you will support new product compliance by acting as a consultant during innovation process, broaden workflow knowledge of food safety. You will contribute to scientific presentations and publications and support internal and external training.
The role will require you to monitor and identify key industry and regulatory trends and translate your observations to support develop new product and marketing opportunities. You will leverage an intimate knowledge of MilliporeSigma product offers and capabilities and strong relationships with industry associations and regulatory agencies to identify opportunities to advocate for MilliporeSigma food safety/testing solutions to be established as the industry standards.
Who You Are:
- BS with 8+ years’ experience or MS with 4+ years’ experience in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering or comparable life sciences field.
- Experience in Food Safety/Testing and familiar with the most important analytical methods and QA/QC workflows
- Knowledgeable of food & beverage as well as drug regulations and regulatory landscape of other important country/regions (e.g., EU , LATAM)
- Direct experience with relevant Food Safety Policies/Guidances (USDA, FDA, CDC, EPA, AOAC, Health Canada, etc.)
- Ability to build strong interaction with Marketing and Commercials
- Ability to travel (Domestic & some international travel)
- BS, MS or PhD in Food Science, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering or comparable life sciences field.
- 4+ years of experience in Food Safety and familiar with the most important analytical methods and QA/QC workflows
- Good understanding of Food Safety/Testing target markets, excellent understanding of applications used in markets and regulatory requirements
- Good process understanding of internal & external customer needs
- Strong sense of urgency, result oriented, excited to learn and develop new skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Public speaking and scientific writing experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.