A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are in search of candidates with experience in electro-mechanical design of automated laboratory equipment and/or single-use disposables and materials. This role will include the creation of new product designs for cGMP applications for use in product development laboratories and clean room environments. In addition, this role will require the revision of existing design data including CAD models, engineering drawings, engineering change requests and orders, as well as maintaining documentation within a product data management system.
The role will involve frequent interfacing with manufacturing suppliers, external development partners and internal stakeholders. Travel to internal and external sites will be required as needed to communicate and perform these duties.
As part of the product development team, your role will also require close coordination with our R&D team to smoothly transition advances in technology into future products by participating in the creation of user requirement specifications and test, development and validation plans for these products as well.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
- 5+ years of hands on experience in product development of biomedical devices, process equipment or instrumentation working within a core team structure
- 5+ years of experience working with Computer Aided Design tools; SolidWorks & PDMWorks
- Master’s Degree
- Proven experience in basic fabrication tools and processes
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical and automation equipment
- Experience with performing tolerance studies on mechanical equipment and assemblies
- Experience with engineering change control processes and managing dynamic product designs in the transition to validated manufacturing
- Experience interfacing with vendors and developing qualified supply chains
- Experience in the qualification, verification and validation of engineering systems (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Familiarity with creation and execution of test plans
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical materials
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and desire to be in a fast-paced team setting
- Medical device or other safety critical device development including specific requirements of GMPs, FDA QSR and ISO 9001 standards
- Design of injection molded components and tooling for single-use disposables
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.