A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Global Commercial Project Management (CPM) team is embedded in local manufacturing sites responsible for leading the evaluation and execution of custom solutions (cell culture media, active pharmaceutical ingredients, single use assemblies and development services) to create a differentiated experience for customers. The Commercial Project Management team works closely with Commercial sales and in partnership with Operations and Quality to quote and deliver complex custom solutions in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical space.
Your role: The Associate Director of CPM is responsible for a team of Project and Product Managers to ensure their area of responsibility delivers upon the MilliporeSigma budget and strategic objectives. The team manages customer specific projects that delivers complex integrated solutions in order to drive sales revenue and growth. You are responsible for your team’s delivery performance while integrating with a larger global team. You will manage a diverse, cross-functional team to achieve identified opportunity goals and objectives. This role requires the utilization of leadership, technical, coaching and team-building skills along with project management and scheduling techniques. You are expected to drive delivery performance including prioritization, escalation and identification of bottlenecks, as well as providing a solution to deliver on the financial commitments each month and quarter. You are responsible for establishing and implementing market-based improvements to current capabilities through KPI establishment and measurements.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of Project and/or Program Management experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of Organic or Biochemical synthesis/purification and associated analytical techniques, including areas of API chemical process development and scale-up.
- Lead and participate on cross-functional teams to improve business systems and processes that impact MilliporeSigma performance, customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Partner with Strategic Relationship Managers and Business Development to secure Contract Manufacturing business and custom complex solutions.
- Collaborate with Site Management to enhance capacity to enable higher throughput.
- Participate in business development reviews and develop key customer and business relationships. Understand current and changing customer needs, trends and drivers in key segments and be able to translate these needs into successful commercial programs that drive revenue growth.
- Manage revenue and gross margins within budgeted expenses as assigned.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to large groups. Must be able to establish rapport with non-technical parts of the company.
- Excellent and proven team building and team motivational skills
- Excellent organizational, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Sales and quality driven, strong motivator of people to drive toward desired results within a set timeframe.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.