A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
To work under the direction of the Manager of Equipment Support and in conjunction with the equipment support team to ensure that the maintenance and calibration activities are completed according to the schedule ensuring that the equipment and instrumentation used within the manufacturing and laboratory areas are available for use by laboratory staff.
- Work with the department manager to oversee the Equipment Support Engineers in Glasgow. Manage direct reports Goals and Objectives.
- Comply with relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure business-critical equipment, instruments, and systems comply with GMP standards.
- Comply with Health and Safety Executive regulations policies and procedures and undergo relevant training modules when required.
- Adhere to the highest standards of document completion in full compliance with applicable GxP regulations and on site procedures.
- Complete scheduled maintenance and calibration activities so business-critical equipment, instruments, and systems remain fit-for-purpose within the valid period.
- Ensure that appropriate records of maintenance and calibration activities are completed, approved (as required) and filed to maintain relevant histories.
- Ensure that appropriate maintenance and calibration schedules are accurately maintained within the onsite Calibration and Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Ensure that all test equipment/ standards used to perform calibration activities are appropriately calibrated and certified before use.
- Ensure that business-critical equipment, instruments, and systems are accurately labelled to identify the asset and any relevant activities performed, with compliance status, e.g. due date.
- Liaise with UK operational departments to ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated with minimum disruption to operations and is available within agreed timelines.
- Coordinate with external contractor activities in support of equipment preventative maintenance (both routine and non-routine) and calibration, as directed by line manager.
- Provide breakdown support for all equipment on site, determining root cause and implementing robust and reliable repairs to bring the equipment back into active service as quickly as possible.
- Creation of calibration and maintenance templates.
- Participation in the scheduling of all calibration and maintenance work with available resource
- Assist in the training and development of other Trainee and Technician staff.
- Suggest improvements to the equipment support functions and procedures
- Provide support during client and regulatory audits, and assist in any associated audit responses
- Provide input to CAPEX process
- May perform other related duties as required and/ or assigned.
Who you are:
- Minimum HND qualifications in a related technical subject (e.g. Engineering Systems, Mechatronics, etc.)
- Significant experience in a regulated environment.
- Experience with Laboratory equipment would be an advantage Knowledge of Refrigeration and other temperature-controlled units (Fridge/Freezers/Incubators)
- Familiar with the creation of calibration and maintenance standards and practices
- Previous Supervisory or project management experience is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Travel may be required across Central Scotland and may be required for the execution of FAT’s/UAT
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com