A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will lead and/or support others in Operational Excellence (Op Ex) initiatives within the Biologics US business. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. The Manager, Operational Excellence provides hands-on leadership for high-impact Op Ex projects/ initiatives. You will work with the Director of Global Op Ex, local site leadership team, business stakeholders, and Op Ex colleagues, to continually develop and implement improvement actions relevant to the business. You are also responsible for coaching and guiding other members of staff through projects. You will act as the site focal point for Op Ex, supporting the development of an improvement culture at all levels in the company. You will participate in external and internal forums as required, as well as participate in customer and regulatory audits as required. Permanent base location is in Rockville MD, covering activities in 5 buildings within a 1-mile radius. Occasional domestic and/ or international travel may be required to support cross-site projects (5-10% max).
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of related laboratory and/or business experience.
- 3+ years experience of successfully applying process improvement tools and techniques. (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Professional certification in Lean and/ or Six Sigma (Black Belt certification preferred).
- Previous experience as the Lean and/ or Six Sigma technical content expert and business support for process improvement knowledge and strategies.
- Understanding of business support disciplines (for example Finance, Capital Investment, M&A, Sales, Marketing, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Understanding of GLP and cGMP regulatory guidelines is desired.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.