Show All Results
Post Doc (all genders) Oncology Bioinformatics - limited for 1 year
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In your role as Oncology Bioinformatician (all genders) you are responsible for the exploratory statistical analysis of genome-scale data obtained in pre-clinical and clinical trials. You will be involved in the identification of pharmaco-dynamic as well as predictive and prognostic biomarkers, working in close interaction with project teams and indication scientists. You will be responsible for biomarker hypothesis generation in the translational phases of drug discovery projects and will drive disease indication selection from the analyses of pre-clinical and clinical data. You will also be responsible for cancer drug target identification & evaluation in close collaboration with your oncology colleagues. With your expertise in complex data evaluation and analysis you will synergistically exploit internal and external data sources to generate scientific hypotheses and innovative concepts, not available as prior knowledge. This temporary position is based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Who you are:
- PhD degree or M.Sc. in Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a closely related field and documented knowledge in Biomedical Science.
- Ambition to drive projects forward building on your expertise in biostatical data analysis - in particular pathology image analysis.
- Depth knowledge of advanced statistical and Bioinformatics algorithms for analysis of 'omics & pathology data and ideally experience in statistical assessment of biomarker hypotheses.
- Experience in Bioinformatics and/or Computational Biology as applied to Drug Discovery and Development as well as experience in development of algorithms in the area of data mining, machine learning, statistics and bioinformatics.
- Experience as scientific project leader and/or function representative in research projects is an asset.
- Fluent English and German communication skills are mandatory.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com