A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
A Property Manager position with primary responsibility for Property Administration for a 250,000 sq. ft. building including R&D, lab space, and mixed-use office. Has ownership of the facility(s) and assumes full responsibility and accountability for all engineering, facilities, and administrative functions. The primary point of contact for the Building Occupants, Operations, Maintenance, and EH&S. Oversee the daily building operations, scheduled maintenance, customer generated work orders, and cleaning of the facility. Has full knowledge of the building project plans and current and future requirements. Secondary Project Manager for all projects in building(s).
In this role the Property Manager will plan, organize and direct the activities and staff involved in the coordination, modification, energy efficiency measures, maintenance and administration of company facilities and equipment.
As applicable, work with Planning and Design group, architects, staff consultants and contractors in the design and development of new facilities/renovations. Review preliminary and final working drawings for adherence to specifications, design considerations and cost criteria.
The Property Manager will evaluate proposals and bids for all maintenance and contracting services as required. Coordinate some construction or other project activities to ensure attainment of budget and schedule objectives. Process all purchase orders for payment of vendors.
On a daily basis the Property Manager will interface with the building occupants and management and when required, attend staff meetings of tenant business units. The position will require decisions to be made with an unbiased nature. You will continuously inspect and audit the building for safety, repairs, maintenance, performance and housekeeping. You will manage the day to day communications with all departments, Maintenance and outside services as well as be responsible for space allocations and layout plans.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field of study
- 5+ yrs of experience in a Facilities Management or related field
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical and Life science processes.
- Strong knowledge of lab operations
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, customer relations and follow-through skills with the ability to foster trusted relationships internally.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Works predominantly without direction, exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
- Critical Team member of the Corporate Infrastructure Group
- Strong knowledge of Facilities & Industrial systems including, HVAC, Boilers, BMS, Lighting, Compressed air, Building Envelope, and renewable energy.
- Strong knowledge of Energy Efficiency strategies
- Ability to read design and construction drawings and an understanding of principle and codes. Ability to work with City/Town officials for planning purposes.
- Full understanding and support all EH&S programs.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.