Show All Results
Process Development Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Continuing rapid growth in Continuous Flow Manufacturing (CFM) at MilliporeSigma has created an opportunity for a great candidate to apply their skills to conduct process development in this area. The Process Development Scientist is located in Milwaukee, WI and will focus on process optimization and scale-up of Continuous Flow reactions in a manner that allows safe, practical, and economical scale-up of such reactions in Production scale equipment in Milwaukee and Sheboygan. Other responsibilities will include close interaction with Scientists and Engineers to ensure that a healthy pace of technology advancement for the CFM area is maintained.
- May wear personal protective equipment such as a respirator or chemical protective clothing for extended periods of time
- May lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related Life Science
- 1+ year of chemistry experience in an industrial setting or independent lab research
- Experience with Continuous Flow Processing and/or high degree of mechanical aptitude
- High degree of knowledge in chemistry, math, and general science
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Experience with process techniques and unit operations
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Computer, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and organization
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.