A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Serono, Inc. is seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant, to join the Corporate Legal department, based in Rockland, MA. The Legal Administrative Assistant provides the full scope of administrative support to several senior corporate attorneys and paralegals in a fast-paced and highly visible environment. The successful candidate will be an experienced professional and team player able to manage tight deadlines and balance competing priorities effectively with minimal direction. The Legal Administrative Assistant will have superior organization skills and attention to detail and will demonstrate discretion and confidentiality when working with highly sensitive matters.
- Coordinate on administrative aspects of legal department operations, including ordering supplies, filing of contracts and other documents both electronically in departmental databases and in hard-copy form, distribution of and response to business correspondence, and interaction with other company functions.
- Takes initiative and proactively anticipates needs and obtains relevant information from other departments or organizations.
- Self-directed with ability to perform duties and solve problems with minimal oversight.
- Provide full administrative support for several senior corporate attorneys, including calendar management, travel arrangements, expense account submissions, telephone support, filing, preparing and editing correspondence.
- Act as the liaison with worldwide senior executive management and their respective office staff, including German headquarters personnel. Work with the Business Technology Group and other operational support functions regarding legal department operations, including for database, computer applications, email, and telephone usage.
- Proactively manage through effective communication and coordination with leaders and peers, the scheduling of meetings, conference calls, corporate travel, conference room reservations, business catering, guest beverage requests, etc.
- Follow up with attorneys regarding status of ongoing tasks and projects.
- Transcribe, edit, proofread, copy and distribute business correspondence to include letters, memos, faxes, PowerPoint presentations, and legal documents to internal and external business contacts.
- Maintain legal files and records, including contract database.
- Responsible for subscriptions and memberships for US Legal department and manage special projects as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior level administrative support role in a corporate law department or large law firm.
- 3+ years of calendar management in Outlook experience.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Highly organized, detail-oriented professional with superior time management skills and focus on timely completion of projects.
- Understanding and ability to handle confidential information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Highly proficient at learning and using new software and systems (such as time management, BlueJeans or Skype for business, telephone/telepresence conferencing, database, etc.).
- Superior document production and formatting skills (redlining, comparing and managing revisions).
- Strong written and oral communication skills; communicates concepts in clear, concise, and audience-appropriate manner.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.