Show All Results
Chemical Operator I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Performance Materials, the Chemical Operator I is responsible for performing the daily production duties of his/her production area along with the other Operators of the production. He/she will assure optimum operation of equipment by maintaining full compliance with operating instructions and Company policies and procedures as well as assuring the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the production processes.
- Participate in process performance analysis and improvements within areas of responsibility
- Provide assistance to other shift members by performing normal operator duties including packaging containers, material handling, coordination of chemical transfers from vessel to vessel through filtration processes
- Maintain technical databases as requested by Lead Operators and/or Production Management
- Review shift notes and provide detailed information of production status during shift turnovers for assigned areas
- Provide on-the-job training to Chemical Operator I classification as requested by Production Management
- Ability to work long hours (12-14) on a rotating shift schedule on a regular basis.
- Ability to work in extreme climates (high/low temperatures and humidity)
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and walk long distances during the course of the work day.
- Ability to move and handle heavy objects with appropriate equipment.
- Ability to pass annual physical requirement associated with material handling and PPE usage.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma/GED with 3+ years manufacturing process experience
- 1+ years’ work experience in Microsoft Office Suite with specific emphasis on Excel and Word
- 1+ years of basic math coursework
- 6+ months Forklift experience
- 3+ years of chemical operator manufacturing process experience in a continuous operations environment (24/7 rotating shift work)
- Associate degree with background in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge in chemical manufacturing environment
- SPC experience
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma and ISO certification
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.