A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Construct and repair glass specific apparatus for external and internal customers. Steadily increase glassblowing skills to handle pieces requiring advanced skills. Decrease production times on these pieces to hit production standards
- Produce or repair complex scientific glassware requiring a high degree of precision
- Safely handles large apparatus of hot glassware, which can be over 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit
- Safely handle hazardous chemicals used to silver, etch and clean glassware
- Safely handles broken pieces of glassware to evaluate for repair and performs repairs in a safe manner, bringing the apparatus back to a useful state
- Ensure pieces meet quality standards and match shop drawings
- Assist in quoting and manufacture of custom orders
• May wear appropriate protective gear, such as respirators and chemical protective clothing while performing daily tasks
- May lift and push up to 50 pounds
Who you are:
- Associates Degree in Scientific Glassblowing
- 3+ years of scientific glassblowing experience
- Associates Degree in Scientific Glassblowing and 3+ years of scientific glassblowing experience
- Experience creating, interpreting and following scientific drawings
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.