A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Basic duties are to package hazardous liquids into various sizes and styles of containers, assure all filling procedures are properly followed and all closure specifications are accurately met, assure all packages are properly labeled and the finished units/cartons are correctly palletized. In this position you will be able to correctly use equipment such as a weigh scales and operate filling equipment. Required to complete filling documentation which must be legible and accurate.
This position is on 2nd shift - 2:40 pm to 11:10 pm ET and will be Monday - Friday.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and twist, lift and carry up to 70 pounds on consistent basis, lift/reach overhead, visual ability, flexibility and manual dexterity.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- This position will require that the successful hire join the union.
- 1 – 3 years manufacturing experience
- Experience working second/night shift
- Ability to learn and apply safe, functional and efficient work practices
- Ability to read and interpret material safety data sheets and other pertinent documents relating to safety, customer requirements, and procedures.
- Ability to perform basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication)
- Ability to thoroughly document batch information legibly and accurately
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.