A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Purpose of the job is to perform various warehousing duties and to ensure finished goods flow through the Distribution Center in a safe, quality conscious manner. The position performs multiple functions including receiving, locating, picking and packing all materials while ensuring compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
Meet the daily and monthly core performance metrics set for the warehouse by:
- Accurately receiving finished goods and supplies under time constraints.
- Safely and accurately locating material to proper storage area.
- Safely, accurately, and efficiently picking customer orders.
- Safely, accurately, and securely packing customer orders.
- Performing cycle counts, location and product audits
- Participating in problem resolution and researching discrepancy issues.
- Actively participating in Process Improvement initiatives.
- Consistently complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Engaging in good housekeeping habits.
- Forklift operation.
- Participating in Spill and Emergency Response Teams
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of related work experience in a warehouse and distribution environment.
- A working knowledge of: warehouse flow, location logic, WHMIS, Transportation of dangerous goods, IATA Regulations, general safety practices, basic use of fire extinguishers, material handling equipment, proper lifting techniques, forklift operation, and spill team response.
- Requires the ability to read and understand oral and written instructions. Basic math skills for minor addition, subtraction, and multiplication. P.C. keyboarding skills and data entry using computers and RF scanning devices.
- Safe, smooth operation of a wide range of material handling equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is required to wear appropriate protective gear e.g. glasses/goggles, gloves, safety shoes and other personal protection equipment “PPE” as required (e.g. chemical resistant suits and SCBA for spill team response). The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold with temperatures ranging from 2 degrees C to 40 degrees C.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl safely for long periods of time. The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must lift and/or move up to 60 pounds unassisted or as a team lift. Employee may be required to move more than 60 pounds with assistance. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and some office equipment. The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors. Frequently required to multitask and use hands to handle materials and operate equipment and to stand for extended periods of time.
- Hours of operation: Flexibility to work shifts either 09:00 to 18:00 hrs or 12:00 hrs to 20:30 hrs and week-ends to meet the needs of the business.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.