Show All Results
QC Analytical Chemist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Quality Control Scientist position offers a variety of opportunities to master and learn analytical chemistry techniques. The scientist will perform chemical analysis techniques specifically using HPLC, GC, IC, ICP-OES, Karl Fischer, Titration, Melting Point, IR and UV-Vis instrumentation. Our QC laboratory is a collaborative environment where associate and senior scientists work together to ensure high quality and accurately reported data. Our site is a manufacturing facility and the QC associate must make sure all of our products meet very high specifications prior to product release.
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this position.
- Safety and confidence working in a lab environment are essential
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in a life science discipline AND at 2+ years of chemical analysis experience OR Master of Science in a life science discipline
- 2+ years of experience performing quantitative analytical chemistry techniques using HPLC, GC, IC, ICP-OES, Karl Fischer, Titration, Melting Point, IR and UV-Vis instrumentation.
- Good knowledge of basic laboratory practices, methods and techniques to perform a variety assignments.
- Experience in laboratory setting using Personal Protective Equipment
- Good computer skills and familiarity with MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving abilities and a willingness to help out wherever needed.
- Good understanding of quantitative analytical chemistry is a requirement and essential to performing daily tasks.
- The Quality Control lab is a laboratory environment requiring the ability to carry out laboratory operating procedures in a safe manner, while maintaining a clean and orderly workspace.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.