A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
EMD Serono is a leading North American biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care for more than 40 years. The North American healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono’s commerical business has a deep expertise in neurology and immunology, fertility and endocrinology, oncology, immuno-oncology, immunology and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology, immunology and autoimmune disesase. EMD Serono is pursuing activities in selected indications for highly specialized therapeutic areas mainly treated by specialists. In addition to Phase I products focused on oncology, immuno-oncology and autoimmune disease, the pipeline includes products that benefit patients who suffer from the following cancers: ovarian, urothelial, head and neck tumors, hepatocellular, as well as multiple sclerosis, chronic plaque psoriasis, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, systems lupus erythematosus, systemic sclerosis with interstitial lung disease, and osteoarthritis.
Purpose of the role:
The Senior Training Manager (STM – Oncology, Field Force Effectiveness (FFE) is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of forward-thinking training sessions that increase the skills, knowledge and behaviors of all commercial oncology customer-facing roles, with a goal of positively impacting sales results. This includes onboarding and new hire classes, product launches, National, Divisional, and Regional meetings, distance learning programs, instructor-led programs, and other identified training opportunities and learning methodologies. The STM position requires deep expertise in Oncology. Experience selling and/or training in Oncology is required.
Additionally, the position will have an important role collaborating with internal EMD Serono personnel (Human Resources, Sales, FFE, Marketing, Medical, Global Learning, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance), as well as outside vendors and will add value by providing insight, leadership, and oversight of key, high-impact learning initiatives.
The STM role requires a high level of collaboration and will work closely with the Oncology Field Team, Sales, Marketing, Commercial Operations, Business Excellence, Market Access, Human Resources, Patient Access, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory as well as the Associate Director of Oncology FFE, Sr. Director of FFE, and the FFE team, to identify learning needs, build the learning plan, and deploy scalable interventions that engage the learner, and identify and track associated performance metrics
The STM must have cutting edge knowledge of best practices in adult and corporate education, skill development, online and other design methods, performance consulting, pedagogical techniques and learning assessment.
- Leader for New Hire Classes. Develop and deliver training sessions and assessments by facilitating the most appropriate format for new hire training purposes – all phases. Provide feedback to field managers on new hire performance. Provide feedback to supporting area field trainers.
- Design, develop and implement all field training materials and lead training logistics on new hire, advanced training, product launches, and meetings, partnering with other training and product team members.
- Independently conduct training needs assessments, gap analysis, and performance consulting with key stakeholders.Analyze all assessments and data to identify skills and knowledge gaps (opportunities) to report out to key stakeholders and align to business goals.
- Leads development of training programs and demonstrates proficiency in the JRC/PSMR approval process.
Work closely with external Alliance / co -promote partners to develop curriculum
- Defines the most effective learning mix (i.e. instructor-led, eLearning, blended learning,) for the agreed target audience,
- Work closely with marketing team members to ensure a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace and to develop training to support tactical implementation of marketing strategy. Partner with marketing and sales team members to consult on just-in-time training approaches that support tactical implementation of marketing strategy.
- Works collaboratively with sales, marketing, regulatory, legal and compliance to coordinate the design, development and delivery of training programs.
- Develops and deploys to appropriate personnel (via remote and live touch points) scalable learning interventions to improve targeted business outcomes with focus on Business priorities.
- Partners with subject matter experts and other internal and external resources to implement and deploy learning initiatives.
- Monitors effectiveness of programs and resources against stated objectives and continuously improve the learning curricula, course content, training approach, system, and delivery.
- Conducts regular field visits to ensure accuracy and relevance of training efforts.
EDUCATION LEVEL AND LANGUAGES REQUIRED
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years training experience required.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years in Oncology sales required.
- Instructional Design experience required.
- Ability to manage without formal influence or authority.
- Product Launch experience preferred.
- Home office/headquarters experience preferred.
- Understanding of the US biotech specialty space and with demonstrated ability to learn and master diverse therapeutic areas and complex business environments
- Experience within a commercial training department with a successful record of delivery quality and innovative training solutions in an adult learning environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project and vendor management.
- Demonstrates strong presentation and moderator / facilitator skills.
- Must have expertise in the assigned strategic business unit: Oncology
- Proven experience fostering teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a matrixed environment.
- Proven record of excellence in business acumen, cross-functional collaboration, and peer leadership.
- Needs to be a highly motivated self-starter with the commitment to see projects to their completion.
- Demonstrates a high degree of multi-cultural intelligence and emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrates pragmatic thinking, ability to integrate divergent information and develop project plans and actions.
- Ability to establish and maintain quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) & business writing skills.
- 10-20% Travel, domestic and international
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.