A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: The purpose of this role is to lead a team of health economists on developing HTA submissions to NICE/SMC/NCPE and any necessary research required to support these submissions and ensure their success. In addition, the role includes responsibility for pricing and reimbursement activities for the company’s product portfolio and work with other departments on the development of high-quality evidence generation, value communication and market access strategies.
The Health economist will be an integral part of the business unit extended team, helping build robust economic value propositions for medicines that are relevant to the UK and ROI healthcare systems. Engagement is expected to be with key stakeholders who influence market access, pricing and reimbursement on both the national and local level.
The role will also require the job holder to build strong working relationships with Global and European teams in developing Health Economic models and arguments to meet UK HTA requirements and align with global product strategy.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all HEOR team activities and deliverables with the provision of technical, professional and strategic supervision over these deliverables such as HTA submissions
- Communication and coordination of product specific plans, timelines, and responsibilities with cross functional colleagues
- Alignment of team work with global company strategy and ensuring communication with relevant global on product specific projects
- Proactively creates projects in HEOR in response to market needs, HTA requirements and other departments needs
- Responsible for developing the HEOR team technical and professional skills and expanding the team’s capabilities
- Represents the business externally on government/ABPI consultations in relation to HTAs and assists in influencing relevant stakeholders to generate a favourable HTA environment for the company’s products
- Devised pricing strategies and Patient Access Schemes for national and regional payers
- To comply with all UK regulatory guidelines and company SOPs in relation to the 2008 ABPI Code of Practice, IPHA, MHRA and all other authorities related to your functional position
Who you are:
- Either pharmaceutical industry or related consultancy experience in Health Economics especially HTA submissions to UK and ROI HTA agencies
- Sound experience in economic modelling
- Recognised qualification in health economics (MSc Or PhD)
- Experience in generating
- Outcomes research evidence
- Real world evidence in the UK
- A good understanding of the NHS including funding issues, pricing, commissioning and market access processes
- Prior experience working in global pharmaceutical HE teams
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com