Show All Results
Technology Director Neuromorphic Systems (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: You will be based at the Innovation Center within the Technology Foresight and Exploration department. In your role as a Technology Director you will be the technical lead for the exploratory platform Neuromorphic Systems with focus on hardware development beyond von Neumann architectures and their applications. Your task will be to identify project opportunities and drive them towards business success with internal and external partners. You will manage technical and scientific teams within Innovation Programs related to materials, components or architectures for neuromorphic hardware. In your responsibility, you build and manage high performance teams in the area of neuromorphic and AI computing to achieve substantial business impact and represent innovation projects and programs internally and externally and ensure optimal stakeholder management. You will lead the first steps of implementation of the exploratory platform strategy including ideation, proof-of-principle projects as well as project proposal development and you will establish a network of Key Opinion Leaders and with other external stakeholder related to neuromorphic programs. You will also serve as the scientific advisor for project teams and our business for neuromorphic systems and brain-inspired computers or components technologies and identify new trends and technologies, incl. financing trends, mega trends, etc., in scope of our Innovation Center strategy.
Who you are:
- PhD in an area relevant to neuromorphic computing including Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Expert with at least 3 years of professional experience in neuromorphic computing with profound background in analog hardware development such as chip components and architecture
- Comprehensive knowledge in corresponding neuromorphic software and algorithms is a strong plus
- Track record of peer reviewed scientific publications in the area of neuromorphic and AI computing
- Successfully execute against project plans and guarantee a team-oriented performance
- Good project or program management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding analytical rigor and excellent strategic skills combined with the ability to prioritize in situations of high uncertainty
- Able to work self-motivated with focus on execution
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com