Show All Results
Work Location: Sheboygan Falls(SIAL) Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Shift: no shift
Department: LS-OIY-41 Packaging & Hitech 1
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
You are responsible for producing and purifiying chemical compounds to meet the demands and requirements of MilliporeSigma customers.
- Stages and destages materials and equipment using pallet mules, manual equipment, and PIT
- Verifies quality and integrity of material and equipment used
- Identifies unsafe conditions and corrects them. Completes Safety Observation/Near Miss report with suggestions to improve/prevent condition
- Participates in incident investigations and safety meetings
- Achieves defined personal development goals
- Performs in-process analytical testing, including work-ups and simple interpretations as described in the MPR
- Identifies malfunctions in equipment operation, and with appropriate approval takes corrective action
- Check and update systems and SAP as required
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Wearing of appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- The work area may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold.
- Siting, standing, walking, reaching above the shoulder, stooping, kneeling, twisting, crouching or crawling for long periods of time.
- Talking, hearing, tasting and smelling.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment; May lift more poundage with assistance.
- Utilize vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/manufacturing equipment.
- Typing at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
****Earn a $1000 Sign On Bonus payable after 30 days of employment****
Shifts: 24/7, 220.127.116.11 Rotating 12 hour AM and PM shifts.
6:00 AM – 6:00 PM and 6:00 PM- 6:30 AM - 3 days off every other weekend
Payrate: 19.25 per hr.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED required
- AS Chemistry or Science related associate degree or 2 yrs college chemistry desired.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- Ability to operate forklift or hand pallet truck
- Basic understanding of chemical reactions and hazards
- Ability to operate hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices
- Basic understanding of ISO and quality systems
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.