A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Job Title: Sourcing Managers Management Consulting & Advisory Services
Job Location: EMD Millipore, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803
This position qualifies for EMD Millipore Corporation’s employee referral program.
- Conduct spend and market trend analysis in furtherance of global strategy, review and synthesize data on cost, turnaround time and category material segmentation, generate defined plans for cost savings, risk assessment and mitigation, and sustainable sourcing strategies;
- Based on market research and process optimization, participate in highly strategic global, cross-functional Sourcing Teams championing the strategic sourcing process within the organization;
- Analyze collected data on pricing and market trends to continually identify and implement new opportunities for cost savings and cost avoidance and proactively track progress toward these objectives;
- Participate in sourcing decisions and global supplier selection process based on industry statistics, oversee the sourcing process (with no direct reports), including the RFI/RFP process;
- Gather data from the Enterprise Resource Planning system regarding supplier performance and use advanced analytics tools to support the development and execution of negotiation strategies with suppliers, including specific targets for pricing, service, quality, and inventory; and
- Based on data regarding monthly performance, manage supplier relationships, ensuring compliance with and performance of contract terms.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or a closely related field and at least three years of work experience in the life sciences or pharmaceutical industry.
In addition, the successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated ability managing the lifecycle of a project from source to contract gained through three years of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability working cross-functionally on a global scale involving three (3) or more countries gained through three years of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability using ERP systems to interpret integrated data related to supply chain and procurement gained through three years of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability training senior leaders in the use of data analytics tools gained through three years of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability generating forecasting metrics based on company benchmarks gained through three years of work experience.
All years of work experience may be gained concurrently.
Please send resumes to EMD Millipore Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803 (Attn: Req. # 205063).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.