A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
SR. FUNCTIONAL ANALYSTS – TM
Job Location: Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, 3050 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63103
Mail resumes to Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, 4th Fl., Burlington, MA 01803 (Req#205065)
The Sr. Functional Analysts - TM will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Provide solutions to the business requirements in the area of SAP Transportation Management (TM) functional area, which is a part of MERCK SAP NEXT project that includes load planning and optimization, rate maintenance, freight costs, load tendering, and transportation reporting;
- Design and implement business processes using best practices during a full lifecycle implementation of SAP TM; collaborating with business users and Merck colleagues to design, develop, test, train, and implement the solution;
- Manage business requirement documentation, implement configurations, localize business processes, develop functional/technical specifications, create or modify batch jobs, and write test scripts by collaborating with application specialists;
- Identify content and development requirements for process and system training and updating existing materials and developing new materials by liaising with the technical team;
- Resolve Hypercare issues by working with both business leaders and MERCK technical support personnel, including off-hours (on-call);
- Develop and test system functionality by building strong working relationships with business partners, management, and other GLOBE ISIT team members;
- Develop training documents for users and train other team members and collaborate with team to meet project deadlines; and
- Develop Enhanced Objects on TM TOR/TRQ/SFIR Business Objects and enhanced freight order standard FPM screens.
10% domestic travel, 10% international travel requirement.
This position is eligible for the Sigma-Aldrich Corporation Referral Program.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Employer requires a Bachelor's degree in any field and at least six (6) years of progressively more responsible work experience implementing and supporting SAP TM.
In addition, the successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrated ability implementing custom solutions within SAP TM by working cross functionally with logistics management and transportation management professionals to meet business needs;
- Demonstrated knowledge of load planning and optimization, rate maintenance, freight costs, load tendering, and transportation reporting to provide functional and technical solutions to ensure business requirements;
- Demonstrated ability developing and implementing SAP Transportation Management module components within an ERP landscape;
- Demonstrated knowledge of cross functional integration between SAP SD, MM, and EWM gained through the completion of two (2) SAP implementation projects; and
- Demonstrated ability aligning business needs by gathering and understanding business requirements to reduce lead time for transportation planning of finished goods.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently and all projects may be completed concurrently.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.