A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Head, Oncology, US Medical Affairs you will:
Who You Are:
- An MD, DO, PhD or equivalent degree
- 12+ years medical affairs or clinical experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results related oncology drug development preferably with direct BLA or NDA filing experience
- 6+ years managing, leading and developing people required
- Experience bringing multiple products to market in the Oncology space
- Experience in oncology drug development with in depth understanding of clinical trial design, clinical trial execution, regulatory requirements in oncology, and data analysis
- Expert knowledge of guidelines under which pharmaceutical companies operate (FDA, PhRMA, OIG, etc)
- Proven ability to act as a medical spokesperson for external audiences is required
- Experience in developing and leading a clinical or medical affairs team in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing customer needs
- Experience in working in an environment which successfully integrates all business unit functions
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing strategic relationships with medical oncology experts and key thought leaders
- Knowledge and application of data sources, reports and tools for the creation of solid plans for which performance can be measured and evaluated
- Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as data analysis, goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Possess strong business and financial skills; P&L experience or at least budget responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams. Must be able to manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills and solid experience in translating medical/ clinical information into medical affairs strategies
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time
- Board certification/eligibility in Medical Oncology and/or Hematology/Oncology
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.