Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: as Cheminformatics Specialist, you work closely with the R&D core team, product development and commercial teams along with external collaborators to advance our core cheminformatics capabilities. You will be responsible for translating chemical knowledge into a computer-readable format, conceptualising and implementing heuristic rules and describing applicability of organic reactions to specific molecules. One of your tasks will be also identifying and quantifying reactivity patterns in large reaction datasets. Moreover, you will contribute significantly to the further development of the retrosynthetic software and associated technology according to our roadmap of product development and roll out. In addition, you will stay up to date on the latest trends in synthetic chemistry and apply that knowledge to enhance existing technology.
Who You Are:
- Curious and innovative with a strong desire to revolutionise chemistry with your knowledge of the organic–chemical reactions
- PHD degree in organic-synthetic chemistry
- Expert knowledge of organic synthesis, reaction mechanisms, orbital theory and advanced chemistry concepts
- Ability to conceptualise and generalise chemical patterns
- Programming skills in Python or C++ & knowledge of the SMILES notation would be highly desirable
- Team player, willing to work across disciplines and learn independently
- Excited to tackle the challenges associated with cutting edge science, as well as being self-motivated and energetic
- Fluent in Polish and English
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com