Show All Results
VP, Head of Experimental Medicine
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Head of Experimental Medicine is part of our translational medicine global development organization. This role will promote early adoption of biomarker strategies to guide clinical trials, in collaboration with relevant R&D functions from research into clinical development. You will align our biomarker strategy and execution to achieve proof of mechanism/concept in early clinical trials.
This role represents experimental medicine on portfolio governance committee to ensure biomarker enabled patient selection and clinical strategies that enable smooth transition from research into clinical development
You will provide strategic leadership, influence cross-functional teams and the broader organization to prioritize and execute advances in target identification, indication selection, early indication of biological activity and patient stratification/selection
- You will be accountable for ensuring alignment of the interpretation and methodological studies (Phase 0), clinical biomarker studies, and proof of mechanism/experimental medicine studies
- Contribute to the overall strategy for a biomarker-based patient selection across the related therapeutic areas together with the clinical development
- Implement precision medicine strategies to support early-stage clinical programs and companion diagnostics.
- Contributes and reviews clinical sections of documents including, but not limited to, protocols, the investigator brochure, clinical study reports, patient narratives, and submission related documents
- Lead clinical R&D efforts involving reverse translational research in close collaboration with the bioinformatic group and quantitative pharmacology
- Propose new concept and drug target via bioinformatic and experimental medicine group
- Presents at investigator meetings, scientific advisory boards and health authority
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders with an emphasis on building active relationships with clinical centers
Who You Are:
- Medical degree or PhD degree with 15 plus years of experience in early clinical development.
- Board certificate MD/PhD preferred
- Proven track-record of a leading role in translational medicine in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience leveraging cellular biomarker analysis, protein-based biomarker analysis, or molecular biomarker analysis in the design of translational medicine strategies.
- Experience of contribution to global project teams
- Strong understanding of the operational considerations in executing experimental and mechanistic medicine studies
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Position may require both domestic and international travel up to 30% of time
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.