Show All Results
Cell Therapy Process Development Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the Process Development Engineer will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for Cell Therapy manufacturing. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, designing, and executing bioreactor process development projects for various regenerative medicine relevant cell types. This hands-on and strategic position will provide product and process development, analysis expertise, and timely interpretation and communication of data/results. The position involves working collaboratively with a broad group of technical and non-technical personnel including both internal and external collaborators.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, or related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience in bioreactor process development for mammalian cell types or a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology or related Science discipline.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field with 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience with operation and process optimization of bioreactors for mammalian cell culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of various mammalian cell types including stem and T cells
- Solid experience and theoretical knowledge of different analytical techniques including microscopy, flow cytometry, and metabolite quantification
- Experience with downstream processing for cell therapies and/or filtration a plus
- Strong statistical analysis, familiarity with design of experiment (DoE) approaches, and experimental design skills
- The ability to work safely and efficiently in the lab, plan schedules and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives with short deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.