Show All Results
Maintenance Technician 2
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will perform intermediate level operational monitoring, general facilities maintenance and repair of utility systems and equipment associated with a cGMP manufacturing facility. You will report to the Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor. As a member of the Facilities and Maintenance Team, you will assist the Facilities Engineering Department Manager in meeting the corporate production and growth goals. In meeting these goals, you will ensure that maintenance is performed on schedule in a prompt and efficient manner. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operation, repair and maintenance of cleanrooms, labs, office space and equipment, including:
- Mechanical such as HVAC, steam, purified water, gas, CDA, etc.
- Electrical such as lighting, controls, etc.
- Plumbing repair and replacement.
- Drywall repair and paint.
- Perform or coordinate repairs associated with automated building management systems.
- Perform and ensure all routine facility check activities are completed on schedule to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical support to all departments in a quality and service-oriented approach.
- Perform operational monitoring of all facility systems and equipment.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for after-hours response.
- Respond to service requests for troubleshooting and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Document PM and service request activities in accordance with SOP’s.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of Technical, Vocational training, or trade work experience, i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, or Control Systems.
- Specialized training such as EPA, NSF, NFPA, etc.
- 6+ years of related trade work experience.
- Knowledge of operation and basic repair of utilities systems such as, HVAC, chillers, boilers, RO/DI, pure steam / WFI, and emergency generators.
- Cleanroom and cGMP experience.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.