Show All Results
HVAC Technician 3
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and install equipment, facilities, and utility systems and to provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members. This is a multi-skilled position that can complete work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.
You may be required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after-hours duty. Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts.
- Perform Corrective and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, facilities, utility systems.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Participation in the call-in program.
- Successful completion of required training curriculum.
- Provides direction and expertise to others in the department
- Use the Management of Change Process effectively.
- Use good documentation practices.
- Direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
- Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines
General Technical Attributes:
- Reading, understanding, and follow through of work instructions and procedures.
- Writing clear, thorough work instructions.
- Utilize basic PC software (windows, word, Excel, email) and CMMS software.
- Entering of purchase requisitions in SAP.
- Operation of a forklift and man lift.
- Solve Algebra and Geometry problems.
- Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.).
- Reading of gauges and understanding of units of measure.
- Identify parts needed for a repair.
- Utilize precision measuring equipment.
- Possess understanding of materials of construction and chemical compatibility.
HVAC Related Attributes
- Troubleshoot and repair air conditioning equipment and chillers.
- Troubleshoot and repair heating equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems).
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair dehumidification equipment.
- Troubleshoot, install, maintain heating systems.
- Perform solder and braze.
- Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders
- Use feet to operate equipment, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield.
- Must be able to work at varying heights.
- Operation of company vehicles
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of maintenance/HVAC experience
- Universal EPA Certification
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Trade School degree
- Communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate and lead process improvements.
- Ability to use excellent organizational and 5S skills.
- Ability to use excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to use self-motivation and high productivity skills.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.).
- Possession of an applicable electrical, HVAC and/or Mechanical license(s).
- Ability to understand Ohm's law, AC/DC, Parallel and Series circuits, Industrial Electricity.
- Ability to understand electrical safety (grounding, arc flash, etc.).
- Understanding and use of building management systems.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.