Show All Results
Drug Safety Data Scientist (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Safety Data Retrieval Team provides outputs of the safety database to various customers within Global Patient Safety. You will act as an interface between our customers (physicians and operational units) and IT team members. Hence, you understand the medical and scientific questions of our teams and translate them into technical requirements for database search strategies. You can understand and improve complex SQL statements and deliver measurable improvements by automating and optimizing existing operations and tools. You will develop innovative methods to analyze, evaluate, and present pharmacovigilance data. You will support the query operations by creating and quality checking database outputs. You will support the signal management process by managing the Oracle Empirica cloud application.
If you are a curious mind with combined expertise in data science and biological sciences, you are a great candidate for us.
Who you are:
• Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Data Sciences or Computer Science
• Expert in programming languages (SQL/PLSQL, Visual Basic for Applications, Python, R, or similar)
• Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge
• Solid understanding of reporting and visualization software (IBM Cognos Analytics, Spotfire or similar)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with pharmacovigilance databases (ARISg, Argus Safety) is a plus
• Experience with the signal management system Oracle Empirica is a plus
• Fluent spoken and written English, good language skills in German is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com