Show All Results
Sr. Packaging Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Senior Packaging Engineer is responsible for the development, validation, and implementation of innovative sterile barrier packaging solutions for Mobius Single Use products. These products are used in pharmaceutical bioprocessing and include a variety of highly differentiated configurations and sizes. This is a unique and challenging opportunity for someone that is willing to step up and showcase their skills, innovation, and ingenuity by developing creative packaging solutions for a diverse and rapidly expanding product line.
The ideal candidate will view this role as a partnership with the hiring manager, the engineering leadership team, and the members of the Product Engineering Team. Not deterred by confrontation, but flexible and open to new ideas, tools, and the ability to work in a high paced and ever-changing work environment. Highly adaptable, a problem solver, innovator, and strong advocate for achieving strategic initiatives. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop & implement a packaging strategy for the Mobius Single Use product line taking into consideration manufacturing, customer use and expectations
- Develop tools and materials required to implement predicting packaging
- Collaborate with R&D to develop packaging solutions for new products in the early stages of development
- Be the key resource for packaging technical expertise for the product line and provide guidance to ensure packaging systems comply with internal and external customer and quality requirements
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Quality, R&D, Product Management, and Sales to identify and implement opportunities to resolve challenges associated with the packaging of custom products
- Develop and author Risk Assessments, User Requirement Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, Validation Protocols/Reports, Purchase Specifications, and Customer Summary Reports
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience, MS with 2+
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or similarly related engineering field
- Packaging Engineering experience in the design, development, and implementation of sterile packaging (including new materials and processes), preferably in pharmaceutical or medical device packaging
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills working with suppliers and other intercompany departments
- Experience with ASTM and ISTA standards regarding sterile packaging development and transit simulation/ship testing
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Strong program/project management skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering
- 3+ years of Packaging Engineering experience in the design, development, and implementation of sterile packaging (including new materials and processes), preferably in pharmaceutical or medical device packaging
- SolidWorks experience
- GMP knowledge
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.