Show All Results
Associate Director, MA&CS Oncology Forecasting, Analytics, and Reporting
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position is primarily responsible for leading analytics, forecasting, and reporting across all Market Access channels for the Oncology Brands. This position will partner with external consultants and an internal network of Business Excellence, Access Influencer Management, Therapeutic Area and Market Access and Customer Service Marketing, Global Market Access Pricing, and Finance in arriving at best in class business case modeling for new and amended business. This position will make recommendations based on knowledge of the drug class, channels, payer behavior, and GtN analytics. The role will prepare and deliver key financial and business analyses and reports pertaining to all segments of trade, government and commercial managed care contracts. This position is responsible for tracking and providing key performance indicators, monitoring contract performance along with the Corporate Account team(s), leading to the achievement of customer objectives (e.g., access measures, market share measures, GtN). The role will lead the identification of key business metrics, appropriate data source utility, and automation of performance dashboards. The role is an important link to the Finance department in terms of preparing and providing timely reserve analyses. The role is a key influencer and persuader, frequently called upon to provide technical and market insights into MA&CS Marketing and Trade initiatives.
• Develop and maintain Revenue & Rebate Forecast files for all parent enterprise and direct contracted commercial contracts. Forecasts files will include forecasted units, market share, revenue, contractual rebate metrics, chargebacks, specialty pharmacy, and other discounts on a contract by contract basis. Coordinate with the Corporate Account Directors, Rebate Operations, and Contract Operations to ensure forecasts are accurate and complete.
• Partner with external vendor and internal network of Marketing (MA&CS, TA and Global), BE, HEOR, and Finance in arriving at best in class GtN business case modeling. Lead the Corporate Account Director and Marketing training efforts, ensuring full and complete understanding of tool mechanics, inputs, and outputs. Act as single point of contact for all business case modeling needs, taking inputs from Corporate Account Directors and Marketing, pressure testing assumptions, then translating inputs into business case modeling tool for impact analytics. Support business case owner at Contract Assessment Committee meetings; advising on modeled cost recovery, ASP, and ROI.
• Develop and maintain Medicaid Rebate Forecast files for Oncology Brands. Forecast files will include state and NDC level units, revenue, rebate and supplemental discounts. Coordinate with the Government Contracting Manager and Government Pricing to ensure forecasts are accurate and complete. To ensure forecast accuracy and completeness, this position will require deep account specific knowledge of all government Medicaid accounts as well as all supplemental state Medicaid contracts, VA/DoD, PHS and Tricare.
• Significant emphasis on verifying data to ensure accurate contracting and reporting. The reporting generated is utilized in critical business discussions, such as QBR Meetings (attended by senior leadership team in MA&CS, TAs, Finance, BE, and Legal), Contracting Strategy analytics, Sandbox analytics, and other ad hoc analyses.
• Lead monthly review of Medicaid and Commercial Revenue & Rebate Forecasts with Head of Market Access Insights, Pricing, Analytics and Operations, SVP Market Access & Customer Solutions, Trade, TA Leadership, and TA Controller. This position will be a support resource for inquiries regarding account specific issues and trends.
• Generate updates to the MA&CS Quarterly Executive Summary and MA&CS KPI reporting on a quarterly basis. These reports are shared at the VP, SVP, CFO, and President level.
• Collaborate with Rebate Operations to ensure timely and accurate upload of invoice data into the MA&CS central data repository. Validation of data accuracy is required to confirm completeness of data submission and quality of data captured.
• Utilize data sources available to develop automated business analytics and insights, both standard and ad hoc.
• Identify system and process deficiencies and implement improvements to work-flow process.
• Subject matter expert on MPower (Tableau) and other internal dashboard generating tools. Collaboration with Business Technologies and Business Excellence in order to maximize MA&CS visibility throughout the organization
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of related Bio-Pharmaceutical/Health Care Industry experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead with humility, courage, urgency, and integrity
• High self-awareness and political acuity
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Advanced business acumen and analytical thinking skills; expert proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Superior team orientation and ability to influence without authority
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Ability to effectively problem solve and collaborate cross-functionally in a complex business environment
• Fine-tuned project management, organizational, and time management skills
• Ability to think strategically and bring fresh thinking to the organization
• High change management orientation and ability to remain unflappable in stressful situations
• Strong self-starter with infectious energizing spirit
• Demonstrated exceptional work ethic
• MBA strongly preferred
• Project Management experience and/or Project Management Certification
• Lean Six Sigma and process improvement experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.