Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The role provides Infrastructure leadership in China while simultaneously line managing the relevant Infrastructure team members and ensuring effective service delivery. This role will engage with key IT consumers and partners in China to ensure Infrastructure is efficiently supporting this key strategic location.
You will be responsible for managing the countries Cloud, Linux, VMware, Windows and Active Directory resources during APAC hours and acting as Service Delivery Manager. Ensuring that we are delivering a world class proactive support service to our internal customers. You will organise the relevant shifts and be the escalation point for critical outages.
As this role is a new country function, there will be emphasis for it to contribute in defining and shaping of the scope, deliverables, collaboration, toolsets and processes associated with this team.
• Proactively working with appropriate teams across the China Sites to understand current infrastructure capacity, service gaps and high-level pipeline of future demand.
• Work with the wider Infrastructure team to develop and then communicate service improvement road maps and capacity constraints to key IT consumers and partners.
• Provide leadership to the China Infrastructure team, instilling a culture of quality, service-centricity and professional pride in the activities and achievements of the team; to include work allocations, appraisals and recruitment.
• Overseeing and incrementally improving the IT operational support provided by the China team.
• Growing the projects and operations infrastructure teams, this includes hiring, training and supporting the team.
• Planning and organizing workload of your team, ensuring priorities are addressed, and work is scheduled within the timescale required.
• Responsible for liaising with 3rd Party Infrastructure suppliers.
• Ensuring there is high quality documentation for the Operations Team to refer to for all tasks
• The role will oversee the team’s adherence to SOP’s, Governance and agreed SLA’s.
• Lead the team to meet incident and service requests within operational agreements.
• Proactively identify areas of operational weakness and propose service improvement plans.
• Ensure implementation of any relevant policies, procedures and standards to ensure all tasks are appropriately controlled.
• Acting as a liaison point for project deliverables the operations engineering team are executing.
Who you are:
This role will require a strong analytical thinker who enjoys solving problems and thrives in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities. The IT manager - will need to assess multiple situations to determine tactical steps forward alongside leading a team in implementing a strategic plan.
Highly organized and with exceptional attention to detail you’ll be able to effectively plan and prioritize your team’s workload, as well as accurately measuring and reporting on their progress.
Experience working in a technical role which requires technical aptitude, excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels and in different situations.
- At least 5+ years of experience in leading technical teams.
- At least 10+ years of experience into Windows & Virtual infrastructure management
- Ability to handle a team of 10+ people consisting of technical architects, senior & junior engineers.
- Ability to manage team's shifts, time off and perform yearly performance review for the team.
- Providing reports and KPIs to the management as and when required.
- Excellent knowledge on VMware ESXi and other VMware products.
- Good hands-on experience on VMware features and concepts such as HA, DRS, vMotion etc.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Microsoft Clustering Services.
- Basic understanding of hyperconvergence products such as Nutanix would be an advantage.
- Knowledge on Active Directory, Automation, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix infrastructure would be an added advantage.
- Good hands-on experience in managing datacentres & regional sites across the globe.
- Manage financial aspects including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Ability to work in complex and international remote teams and handle multiple tasks & projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle escalations and should be available during off-business hours.
- VCP and ITIL certifications are added advantage.
Functional Area: Information Technology
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com