Show All Results
Director, Manufacturing & Client Cell Culture
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As an Operations Director for Manufacturing and Client Cell Culture, you will oversee the daily management of multiple laboratories conducting GMP and non-GMP cell bank manufacturing and other cell expansion activities. This includes supervision of managers, supervisors, scientists, associate scientists, and/or lab technicians in each lab. This also includes oversight and accountability for quality of work, service delivery, financial targets, and other established lab performance targets. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed, adherence to all regulations, and are required to ensure scientific observations, detailed workbooks and all other documentation fulfills generally accepted (cGMP and cGDP) professional/industry standards. You will manage and lead cell bank manufacturing and cell expansion for subsequent characterization testing in compliance to cGMP for multiple laboratories within our Biologics business. Less than 10% travel required for this role.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development of manufacturing technical specifications with client input.
- Make final decisions on operational matters to ensure achievement of department objectives.
- Effectively deploy the resources within the laboratory and make recommendations to Head of Biologics Operations for required additional resources to facilitate the continued expansion of the business.
- Drive teams to meet revenue targets while maintaining and controlling associated budgeted expense lines.
- Drive business and quality metrics to meet company goals: on time delivery, right first time, repeat rate, etc.
- Interact with Sales/Marketing to develop and implement the business of the company and provide support to the sales team where required.
- Interact with other operational leaders and senior management in the organization to promote synergies between departments and more effectively utilize resources.
- Interact with global colleagues to ensure uniformity of standards and service within the company as well as drive global alignment.
- Liaise with the Operational Excellence and Digitalization & Automation project leads on continuous improvement efforts. Coordinate resources needed for such projects.
Who you are:
- BA/BS in scientific discipline
- 5+ years experience leading small to mid-scale biologics manufacturing operations (e.g. cell bank manufacturing)
- 5+ years experience with cGMP regulations and regulatory compliance.
- 5+ years of previous people management experience
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and spreadsheet data analysis tools.
- Effective coaching and developmental skills for direct reports.
- MA/MS in scientific discipline.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both formal and informal that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
- Highly collaborative.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.