Show All Results
Sr. Associate Manufacturing Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Sr. Associate Manufacturing Scientist will manufacture products according to established protocols, provide technical support and guidance to colleagues and perform operations to support a chemical manufacturing department located in St Louis, MO. This is a second shift position; hours are Monday thru Thursday, 1:30pm to Midnight.
- Will be frequently required to wear appropriate personal protection equipment “PPE” (glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes, etc.) for protection from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, and/or vapors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and be able to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignments.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or other Scientific discipline with 2+ years of hands-on experience in a chemical production or laboratory setting.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or other Scientific discipline.
- Experience working in a chemical manufacturing setting utilizing Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Trained in root cause analysis investigation methods and tools.
- Familiarity with safe chemical handling methods.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize and troubleshoot safety, quality and processing issues.
- Familiarity with a variety of analytical instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.