Show All Results
Scientist, Quality Control
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma responsibilities for the Scientist, Quality Control include:
- Perform routine testing and data review of raw materials, intermediates and final products.
- Utilize written procedures to perform routine and non-routine analysis.
- Perform non-conformance investigations including preparation of the investigation reports.
- Mentor and train analysts on analytical methods and operating procedures.
- Work in accordance with current procedures and demonstrate proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices.
- Contribute to support function of the laboratory.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience in an analytical laboratory or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related Science discipline.
- 8+ years’ experience in a chemistry field or analytical instrument lab.
- GMP laboratory or industry experience
- Proficiency with instrumentation used in chemical analysis such as HPLC, GC, ICP, UV-Vis and FT-IR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including investigation, method development, and validation reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to perform daily job functions along with special projects.
- Ability to design experiments to identify unknown materials for investigations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Chemistry principles and concepts.
- Understanding of the USP/EP/JP testing procedures
- Experience with stability studies
- Some background in Data Integrity practices
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.