Show All Results
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Associate Scientist will contribute to the discovery of drugs for treating autoimmune diseases. He/she will work independently or under the supervision of a senior scientist to conduct both in vitro and in vivo pharmacological studies to evaluate the pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) and efficacy of drug candidates in relevant assays and in vivo models. This requires the individual to execute studies or coordinate execution of the studies, maintain lab notebooks, analyze and communicate experimental data.
Responsibilities will include performing in vitro cell culture experiments and in vivo studies using existing protocols as well as developing novel assays or models in consultation with supervisor based on drug targets of interest. The Associate Scientist will also maintain an electronic laboratory notebook, will help write study protocols and reports, and will analyze and present experimental data. This will all be done while ensuring safety and other regulatory compliances.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology or other related Scientific discipline or an Associate’s degree in Biology, Immunology or other related Scientific discipline with 1+ years’ research experience in Immunology or related area.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with 2+ years of research experience in Immunology or related areas
- Knowledge and experience with in vivo models of lupus, multiple sclerosis or other autoimmune diseases
- Experience with flow cytometry analysis of immune cells from both blood and lymphoid tissues would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to use simple statistics to analyze experimental data and record them in electronic lab notebook
- Ability to communicate effectively
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.