Show All Results
Quality Technician III
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join MilliporeSigma as an Environmental Monitoring Quality Technician III on B-shift (12pm-8:30pm). The Environmental Monitoring (EM) Quality Tech III will act as a team member of the Quality Control EM department to support manufacturing operations. This person will communicate testing to all critical departments in support of routine monitoring and on-going projects. Provide on-time, high quality results to meet manufacturing needs and promote / ensure a safe work environment to the staff in the execution of their work duties. This role will work occasional weekend rotations and holiday work to support business goals.
- Communicate and execute site-wide projects to on-time completion
- Perform routine and non-routine quality control sampling and testing (i.e. water systems, environmental monitoring) in ISO controlled environment
- Maintains laboratory supplies, media, and reagents inventory and coordinates equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Track and trend EM excursions and communicate status to management
- Understand Classification of microorganisms: Genus and Species
- Provide guidance to other departments to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Perform growth promotion testing on new media
- Exercise compliance with company safety and other policies and procedures.
- Flexibility of schedule for weekend rotation and holiday work to support business needs
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology or related Life Science discipline
- 2+ years of cGMP environmental monitoring experience
- Previous Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Works interdepartmentally in an effective manner to achieve plant objectives
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills with acute attention to details
- Familiar with quality systems Trackwise deviations
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.