Show All Results
Sr. Manager of Engineering
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
YOUR ROLE: This is a senior position responsible for managing all aspects of systems, electrical, mechanical and software engineering for Intermolecular’s, now part of EMD Performance Materials, a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, high throughput experimentation (HTE) platform and chambers. The candidate will lead a team of engineers to ensure successful execution of customer and internal programs, while providing updates to senior executive management. The role involves leveraging Intermolecular’s, skillset, experience and HTE infrastructure while provide a clear technical direction on our Business Field’s engineering roadmap and its execution strategy. Strong teamwork, team building skills and problem solving acumen are required for the development and support of advanced hardware and software systems and infrastructure.
- Lead a team to design and characterize complex electrical and electro-mechanical systems including system architecture design, system specification, sub-system specifications. Specific design activities include: creating plumbing and instrumentation diagrams, electrical interconnects, electrical schematics, tool control input/output lists, interlock matrices, software specifications, OEM sub-system specifications, as well as tool specifications. Responsible for creating and maintaining test documentation and characterization documentation
- As the engineering technology evangelist, interface with external and internal customers, comprehend their technical issues and roadmaps to drive appropriate solutions and establish technical credibility across the joint customer and Intermolecular program teams
- Responsible for the strategic roadmap of engineering capabilities and project/program manage its implementation and associated budget
- Manage suppliers for delivery of complex electro-mechanical sub-systems.
- Troubleshoot complex electrical and electro-mechanical issues and manage implementation of corrective action
- Responsible for and manage product lifecycle of new engineering driven products, upgrades and features
- PhD 3+ years, MS 5+ year, BS 8+ years in EE, Physics, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of people and project management experience
- Proven ability to engage with customers, to innovate and resolve complex problems and to effectively manage internal engineering resources versus needs on a highly technical basis
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and build effective teams
- Control system, hardware design and troubleshooting experience, a strong plus
- Understanding of semiconductor processing and technology development pilot line environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented with high commitment to technical quality in a fast paced environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.