Show All Results
Senior Associate Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Senior Associate Scientist your activities will support assay development through commercial application of new and innovative service offerings within the biosafety testing space. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
This position will be responsible for the development and/or performance of custom and/or routine testing in accordance with all SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) assigned test procedures independently using laboratory automation; Advising supervisor of factors that may affect quality and usefulness of data; Contributing ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, improve protocols, processes and equipment; Keeping precise lab notes; Maintaining laboratory records to GMP/GLP standards; Revising existing assay SOPs, Batch Records; Writing new SOPs and Batch Records; Assist in training of new staff members. This position is expected to lead by example and work collaboratively to advance the application of a specific scientific area within the field of biosafety testing.
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 2+ years’ experience in a laboratory setting – OR -
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Biotechnology, etc.) with 5+ years’ experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience working in a regulated environment (GMP/GLP) is desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through lab presentations/seminars and limited customer interaction
- Intermediate to advanced skills in applicable computer programs
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Multi-tasker who can handle multiple high-complexity projects at one time
- Proficient in the use of basic and advanced laboratory techniques, equipment and materials
- Demonstrates proficiency in data analysis and analytical thinking
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Broad working knowledge of lab policies and assays
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective coaching and training in skills for complex and highly technical work
- Highly technically competent
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.