Show All Results
Communications Business Partner
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Develop and execute internal, external & leadership communications strategy plan to establish brand reputation and further position Merck as the leading science and technology company and innovation partner in the industries that we operate in.
- Provide communications counseling to leadership team and ensure that business priorities are aligned.
- Build a trusting and strong relationship with key stakeholders including media, general public, and internal stakeholders.
- Be the country liaison with global and regional and ensure cross-functional collaboration and alignment.
- Maintain a favorable reputation of the company by proactive communications, issues management and crisis mitigation.
- Channel management including digital and social media.
- Contribute to and support global media initiatives by localizing the materials and engaging local media.
- Drive corporate responsibility projects, engage employee participation and promote the responsible image Merck.
- Protect the company brand by monitoring and ensuring brand implementation is aligned with corporate branding guideline
Degree in Communications, journalism, marketing, English or equivalent education
- 5+ years communications experience in Communications in corporate/agency environment
- Substantial experience in communications, preferably in the healthcare, technology or chemical industry, including internal & external communications, channel management & digital channel management
- Good understanding of digital and social media.
- Substantial media relations experience both general media and trade media.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Able to manage and lead people with indirect authority
- Open to collaboration and builds coalitions across department, functional and global lines
- Demonstrated ability to interact with, counsel and influence senior executives effectively
- Proven ability to develop and execute results-driven communications strategies that are aligned with business goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, goals, and project initiatives
- Experience coordinating with communications professionals, vendors and agencies
- Demonstrates agility and creativity and is willing to consider alternatives to status quo
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, work independently under pressure and handle multiple priorities
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com