Show All Results
Data Scientist (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a Data Scientist (all genders) you will strengthen our digital business unit, which drives the digital transformation for our company on a global level and across business divisions – leveraging cutting edge technology to reach new customers, improve operational efficiency, and to create entirely new business models. The Data Scientist (all genders) is expected to contribute to projects individually in a mostly self dependent way with little guidance from more senior colleagues. Core tasks include the mathematical modeling of our business problems, development of algorithms and applications to solve these problems, and communication with our internal customers to help them understand and implement the results.
You will be working in an interdisciplinary high-performance team that is focused on innovation in the intersection of business, mathematics and digital technology. This also includes the opportunity to expand your skills in a scientific, technical and business dimension at the same time but also offers an intellectual challenge to solve some of the most complex problems in the industry and innovate on entirely new digital business models.
- Successfully completed Master studies in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or a similar field with work experience or a Ph.D.
- Technical experience in some of the following fields: Mathematical modelling (e.g. Matlab, R, Pytorch, TensorFlow), programming (e.g. Java, Python, C/C++), software architectures (e.g. n-tier, SOA) and/or database servers and data processing (e.g. SQL, Spark, Hadoop).
- Strong skills in mathematics, statistics and machine learning with software development experience.
- First project management experience is a plus.
- Fluent in English and German.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com