Show All Results
Contract & Proposal Specialist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Gene Editing & Novel Modalities (GENM) is one of three Promise Ventures within the Life Science Division of Merck, KGAA Darmstadt Germany. As a Promise Venture our mandate is to think big and reach across verticals to leverage the full capabilities of the Life Science organization. With the agility of startup and the resources of a leading multinational, GENM is applying a portfolio of advanced technologies, cell engineering expertise, and cell and gene therapy manufacturing experience to transform the way researchers discover, develop, and manufacture novel, life changing gene and cellular therapies. We seek a self-starting, passionate Contracts & Proposal Specialist – Technical with the analytical and creative skills needed to execute effective technical scope writing and proposal/contract generation.
You'll be joining a world-class team and your role will have an immediate impact in a business unit delivering some of the most important technologies in bioscience!
If you’re motivated by the idea of contributing to the advancement of life sciences in a fast-paced environment, then this is the position for you!
The Contract & Proposal Specialist (CPS) will report to and assist the manager of the Contracts & Proposal Management (CPM) team and more senior CPM staff in managing all essential team functions. In concert with the business development team, CPM holds responsibility for ensuring efficient generation of all proposals and contracts from initial client request through hand-off of the signed contract to the operations teams for implementation.
The successful candidate will have scientific/technical expertise, be proficient in business/office software applications, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate an understanding of basic business principles.
You will need excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, gather information efficiently, and communicate status of projects in an effective and timely manner and must be team-oriented.
CPS responsibilities will include performing administrative and non-administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Drafting of statements/scopes of work (SOW) and other technical contract documents such as service descriptions of all kinds (process development studies, tech transfer, production, filling, testing, storage, and others).
- Developing responses to client Requests for Proposal / Information (RFP/RFI).
- Generating new and updating existing technical service offering templates (standardized SOW templates).
- Performing cost estimating, price analysis, and variance analyses under supervision.
- Data entry of signed contracts into business management software systems (Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Accounting System, Forecasting System) and managing internal distribution of internal charge lines.
- Electronic routing of contracts for signature (using DocuSign).
- Managing Client Purchase Order (PO) In-Box and internal distribution of Client POs.
- Electronic logging of contracts, contracts folder set-up, filing and distribution of all proposals, contracts, and agreements.
- Maintaining and updating the proposal/contract templates and the service offering template database.
- Providing miscellaneous assistance to the Program Management team including but not limited to developing schedules in MS Project, Excel or other software tools.
- Performing special projects such as creating proposal databases, server file clean-up, digitization of archival contracts, and supporting process improvement plans.
Other tasks/responsibilities may include assisting with:
- Generation of new cost models
- Running reports in CRM software
- Market research and pricing analyses
- Minimal travel (less than 5%)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Sciences related field (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) OR dual degree in Science and a Business-related major or minor.
- 4+ years of experience with MS Office (e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in the Life Sciences business sector (e.g. Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, etc.)
- Experience writing technical documents (for example: drafting technical SOW for services, protocols, and reports that are submitted to clients) highly preferred.
- Scientific knowledge of biologics (preferably viral vectors) process development, study design, production, and clinical manufacturing gained from training or direct lab experience highly preferred.
- Interest in and/or experience in a sales support role (sales/technical sales, account management, marketing, product management, project management or contract administration) highly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with the proposal and contracting process and experience with client Requests for Proposal/Information (RFP/RFI) and/or cost estimating and pricing preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of business software such as Salesforce.com/other CRM software, Business/ Accounting management software, ERM/ERP, and / or electronic signature software preferred.
- Willingness/desire to interface with clients/customers and other stakeholders.
- Experience at a clinical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) or testing facility.
- Knowledge of financial payment schedules and accounting/ financial principles.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.