Show All Results
Scalable Automation Manager
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manager, Scalable Automation will partner with key stakeholders (Operations, Development Services, IT) to deliver process automation made possible by emerging technologies (Robotics, AI) and provide operational support to drive operational efficiencies, improve service, reduce risk and enable our employees to focus on value added tasks. This includes planning and execution of global, multi-departmental business transformation projects and reports directly to the Head, Digitalization & Automation within Process Solutions Services (PSS). You will define and initiate an 'Automation Strategy' for PSS in the form of a 5-year rolling plan focused on the scale up of global lab operations to deliver Best in class performance: improved quality, efficiency, and financials.
- Development and implement a technology roadmap for Automation of manufacturing processes and supporting systems to improve safety, compliance, efficiency, and reliability.
- Identify vendor platforms that can scale across lab types with flexible configurations of instrumentation that can be changed to suit different process needs – Modular & Adaptable
- Develop solutions to Improve operational workflow, reduce manual repetitive tasks, harmonized best practices
- Lead gathering of project requirements during definition and setup stage of the strategic project and Partner with Product Management to build project business cases.
- Lead end to end Robotics Process Automation & AI efforts to deliver projects within the developed budget, working closely with executive sponsor; tracks project revenue and non-revenue metrics vs. plan and proactively escalates/updates sponsor as needed.
- Facilitate effective team dynamic between project stakeholders and contributors. Effectively manages timely identification of execution issues and roadblocks and facilitates their resolution.
- Partner with the QA, Operations, and Validation teams to develop and execute validation protocols that deliver the intended compliance.
- Design an Automation Asset Management Strategy to ensure business continuity and to reduce the total cost of ownership.
- Design, implement, modify, and improve asset maintenance plans based on failure modes, mean time between failures (MTBF), data analysis, throughput, condition monitoring, and statistics to improve processes to reduce and/or eliminate equipment and process failures.
- Work closely with PSS project sponsors to execute assigned strategic projects. Network within PSS and broader Process Solutions and MilliporeSigma Group stakeholders on behalf of the project. May interact with clients and/ or regulators as needed to discuss project activity and status.
Who you are:
- BSc or BEng degree in relevant Scientific or Engineering discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in scientific, engineering, management, and/or project management roles.
- Demonstrated capability in both the technical and management scope of this role.
- Excellent fundamental project management skills: planning, organizing, attention to detail, managing competing priorities, analytical and systems thinking.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and/or other project management systems.
- Prior manufacturing or process development engineering experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Ability to influence, lead, and manage a team of diverse internal stakeholders, without direct authority and over duration of complex long-term projects.
- Capable of building and maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders throughout the company.
- Clear communicator, able to explain project plans and status to executives as well as broader organization.
- Curiosity and drive to succeed, individually and as a team; willingness to learn and lead by doing.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.