Show All Results
Lead Strategist for Performance Materials (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Our Performance Materials (PM) business sector is a leading partner for the electronic industry, enabling key revolutionary technologies and megatrends like Artificial Intelligence or IoT by new memory technologies, OLED displays and high-performance microchips. We develop innovative materials for the special needs mainly for the semiconductor and display industry, but also for automotive and cosmetics. To provide innovative solutions for our customers also in the future, we need to identify trends early on and adjust our business strategy. We need to put the right focus on trends and technologies and manage our portfolio with organic measures and M&A activities. To shape the strategic direction of PM, we are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic strategist. You should have gathered experience in business conception and strategy development and ideally in the semiconductor and/or electronic industry. You have already managed strategic and transformational projects e.g. in a leading management consulting company or in the electronic industry. Together with the colleagues in the strategy team and the experts from the PM business units, you will develop strategic concepts, evaluate markets, customers, competitors and derive strategic measures and M&A activities. Job location will be either in headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany or in the United States at our electronic materials hub in Tempe/AZ or in Branchburg/NJ.
Who you are:
- University degree in science, economics or industrial engineering (PhD or master), ideally also MBA
- 10+ years of professional experience in strategy development, e.g. in a leading management consulting company and / or similar experience in the industry
- Industry experience in the semiconductor or electronics industry, ideally in operational topics (e.g. business development, strategy execution, P&L responsibility)
- Passion for technologies – to shape the technologies of the future
- Good commercials and financial skills, ideally experience with financial planning and M&A topics
- Very good analytical skills and very good communication skills in English
- Highly motivated team player and ambitious to grow within our organization
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.