Show All Results
Lead Strategist for Performance Materials
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: To shape the strategic direction of PM, we are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic strategist for our PM Strategy Team. Together with the colleagues in the strategy team as well as the experts from the PM business units, you will develop strategic concepts, evaluate markets, customers, competitors and derive strategic measures and M&A activities.
Our Performance Materials (PM) division is a leading partner for the electronic industry, enabling key revolutionary technologies and megatrends like Artificial Intelligence or IoT by new memory technologies, OLED displays and high-performance microchips. We develop innovative materials for the special needs mainly for the semiconductor and display industry, but also for automotive and cosmetics. To provide innovative solutions for our customers also in the future, we need to identify trends early on and adjust our business strategy accordingly. We need to put the right focus on the trends and technologies and manage our portfolio with organic measures as well as M&A activities.
Job location can be our Electronic materials hub in Tempe, AZ or in Branchburg, NJ.
Who you are:
Your past experiences include gathering a deep first experience in business conception and strategy development, preferably in the semiconductor and/or electronic industry. You have managed strategic and transformational projects e.g. in a leading management consulting company or in the electronic industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, economics or industrial engineering
- Industry experience in the semiconductor or electronics industry, ideally also including operational experience (e.g. business development, strategy execution, P&L responsibility)
- 10+ years profound experience in a leading management consulting company or similar experience in the industry.
- 5+ years of experience in strategy development of companies or business units
- Fluent in English
- Masters or PhD in science, economics or industrial engineering or MBA
- Good commercial and financial skills, ideally experience with financial planning
- A general interest in technologies – to shape the technologies of the future
- Ideally experiences in M&A
- Very good analytical skills and experienced with PowerPoint and Excel
- Very good communication and team skills
- Highly motivated and ambitious to grow within the semiconductor and display materials industry
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.